Local History - Websites for Salinas History
- American Memory: American Memory at the Library of Congress website has photographs of Salinas agriculture, the Salinas guayule project, and the Salinas Japanese Relocation Center.
- Books We Own: A volunteer will search some local directories or the Salinas Californian. Choose "United States Resources", scroll down to Monterey County and choose your volunteer.
- Obituary Lookups: A volunteer will check the microfilm copies of the local newspaper, the Salinas Californian, in Salinas, Monterey County, Calif. for obituaries from 1875 to date. Use the form provided to provide the full name of the deceased and the exact date of death.
- Calisphere: Calisphere, the University of California’s free public gateway to primary resources like photographs.
- Monterey County Geneological Society: Non-profit organization providing research for a fee.
- Monterey County Historical Society: Monterey County Historical Society is where you can find many full length articles about area history.
- Online Archive of California: Online Archive of California is a union database of materials held by institutions across California
- Steinbeck House: Steinbeck House, run by the Valley Guild, a non-profit volunteer organization, whose purpose is to maintain and preserve the birthplace and boyhood home of John Steinbeck, and to create new revenues for charities in the Salinas Valley.
- Latino American History: These videos are a production of WETA Washington, DC; Bosch and Co., Inc.; and Latino Public Broadcasting (LPB); in association with Independent Television Service (ITVS).